Sunday, December 9, 2012

final discussion 3

I learned many materials this semester from this class. Varies concepts can be used in the future. I think one of the concepts is modus ponens from the deductive arguments chapter. The theory of modus ponens is that if condition a equals to condition b, B is going to happen whenever A happens. For instance, I earn money by going to work. Premise A is going to work and Premise B is earning money. If I went to work today, that means I earned some money today. Modus ponens is a conditional rule and only occurs when the first premise occurs. This concept is very essential when we are making some decisions. It helps us to think the situation step-by-step. It also offers an opportunity for us to check whether our hypothesis at the beginning is right or wrong. I think this concept is very useful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment