Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chapter 12 Question 2

There is a time that I draw an incorrect conclusion on the basis of observation alone. Back to the time when I first entered to my high school, everyone is new to me and I did not have any friends at school. The way I tried to make friends is to always keep a smile on face. People are usually smiled back. But I can remember clearly one guy did not give me any facial expression. I thought he disliked me and never thought of we could be friends nor talk. However, things were different from what I assumed. Our first talk happened when he asked me to join the club. He totally impressed me when he said that. I grabbed that chance and asked him why he did not smile to me on the first day. After that, I found out he was too sleepy that morning and that’s why he had no attention on everything. Later on we become close friends now and chat every day.  My observation on him misleads me to think that he disliked me. Sometimes we really need to seek out the truth by actions but not only by our own observation.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I think something close to that happened to me before in high school and college. When I was high school, people would look at me rudely when we make eye contact on the first day of school. Sometimes people are actually people rude but most of the time, they tell me it is just their face. Some people have that natural angry face but are actually really friendly, but there are times where I end up not getting along with that person right from the start because of that misunderstanding. People actually do that to my mom. My friends think she's scary but my mom is actually really nice.

    ReplyDelete