Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chapter 6 Question 3


After reading chapter 6 ‘Recognizing, Analyzing, & Constructing Arguments’, I found out many points that can catch my attention. One of the most meaningful topic from chapter 6 is from the constructing an argument. According to the steps it talks about, I learned the importance of organizing a persuasive argument. Since the whole chapter 6 has covered quite a lot of information, I can only show one piece of them. It says we better revise the argument before we need to give out any comments and I feel that this is really effective and assures me to continue to practice this skill.

An example from chapter 6 when one of the students from the class expressed his side of the topic that he had no support for made me realize that having a persuasive argument meant that I need supporting facts on the topic. Also, from the example, I learned that having a lot of information on my topic will definitely help me win my argument. This chapter has taught me that critical thinking will benefit my argument in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment